Kidney Donation
330 members96 posts

Joining this community on the 7th anniversary of my kidney donation

Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to be joining National Kidney Foundation's Online Community for Kidney Donation. Its a great idea and looking at the posts so far looks like provides a lot of good information, support and encouragement. Glad to be a part of the conversation.

Today is actually the 7th anniversary of my kidney donation which was performed at Lehigh Valley Transplant Center in Eastern Pennsylvania. My transplant is considered non-directed/anonymous so while I don't personally know my recipient it is definitely rewarding to have been a blessing in someone else's life journey.

Since my recovery from donation I have been active sharing my experience and increasing the visibility of living donation. I am a UNOS Ambassador, Living Donor Mentor and member of Team Philadelphia at the Transplant Games of America. Quick shot out to the Transplant Games - which are held every 2 years and a great celebration of the impressive impact of donation (both living and deceased). Over 6,000 recipients/donors come from across the country to compete and commemorate.

Looking forward to connecting with and encouraging members of this community.

You may also like...