Back to the Gym

So I had my second child 11 weeks ago and cannot wait to get back to the gym. I have tops that are soo much tighter around my waist. 😓 Although I am eager to get back however I realise that I will probably get bored and tire really easily. I have prolapsed discs and arthritis so I seen a personal trainer every month to tailor my work out.

Does anyone have any tips to keep my motivated and 'excited' about going to the gym. (I will be going gym 3 times a weeks nd swimming twice).

Thanks in advance.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Why not join our exercise challenges, missamz, they're a great way to keep you motivate :)

• I am already tagged in them. Just unfortunately with the summer holidays I haven't done much.. but I will definitely start

• Good for you! :)

• I think you have hit the nail on the head missamz and realised you will need to start gently. It can take up to 12 months for your body to fully recover from pregnancy and childbirth.

I would start walking, pushing a pushchair is excellent exercise, get your heart pumping and your legs stronger 😊 You can calculate the time and distance for our exercise challenges and see, week by week, how you improve 😊

Best wishes

Anna

• Hi Anna.

I completely agree and have been walking 2 miles a day since 2 days post partum for the school run and also during the holidays I have been getting off the bus a stop earlier and walking the distances that don't make my 8 year old moan too much.

You may also like...