Around the World in 80 Days - Please post kms/steps/miles for Wednesday 27 January (Part 1)

Around the World in 80 Days - Please post kms/steps/miles for Wednesday 27 January (Part 1)

Dear Travellers

We are on Day 33 of our voyage around the world. The places we have seen have been amazing - all made possible with you contributing those kms walked, cycled, cross-trained, rowed, ran and danced. Have I missed anything else?

Today we are exploring Vietnam. I love Vietnam (I went to Hanoi and Halong Bay about 6 years ago). We are going to start off in Ho Chi Min City and see where we get to.

Happy Travels everyone :) :)

80 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Oh, am I firsy today? :) with my 2.75kms. Had to go up town to get Rosie some chickens, she loves her chook :)

• That's what comes of being 10hrs ahead of us qd, we're all frantically trying to clock up the K's and you're ready for bed! :)

That's one spoilt dog! She eats better than me! I had to make do with a Bonio for my lunch! ;)

Those K's are increasing, well done you! :)

• thanks for a wonderful BBq by the way :)

• 7kms for me today, a busy one at work

• Well done Linda, time to put your feet up :)

• Hi,

Reporting for duty !! Been a poorly bairn with a chest infection and in bed for 2 days but on the mend.

Today have done 2 walks with the dog and pottered round the house!! Have done 6.4km.

Think it will be a few more days before I'm fighting fit !!

• Flossie, you worried me! I can't believe you're already clocking up the K's! You really are super woman! :)

• Hi moreless,

No not super woman!! I just have an old boy who needs his walks !!( and I don't mean Mr F ) lol

I was well wrapped up and we don't go fast !!! It was nice to be out even if legs are a bit wobbly lolπŸ˜ƒ

• LOL!! :D

It's amazing how much better you feel after you've been out, especially if you've been stuck indoors for a while. Just make sure you take good care of yourself and don't try and overdo it :)

So glad to have you back with us :)

• Thank you moreless,

You are so right, it's good to be moving again. πŸ˜ƒ I'm planning on being back at circuit class on Monday.

Slow but steady till then! πŸ˜ƒ

• Hi Lizzy, Moreless & Everyone,

My results for today (Wednesday 27th January 2016) are as follows:

Running (treadmill): 4km

Hill-climber machine: 1km

Bike: 10.33km

Walking: 3.25km

Total = 18.58kms.

Wishing everyone a great night.

Lowcal :-)

• Woohoo Lowcal! That's a fantastic total! WTG you! :)

• 3.4 today (allegedly!) Fitbit arriving tomorrow so should be able to track better for Friday's post. Hoping it will tell me higher steps rather than less, hahaha!

• Let's hope you're really nicely surprised by the count on fitbit, but your total today is still great :)

• Hello all!

Today was a cold, super windy and very wet 7.24 km run to work. No spin class today as I'm trying to take up running (as I've never really done it seriously before).

• Wow, that's an amazing run for a newbie to it! Seasoned runners would be hard pushed to match that! WTG you! :)

• Eeeh, thanks very much. Seriously is nice to hear something like that!

I have tried in the past to run, but lasted about 300 yards, out of breath, cramps in my legs and hating it. I have done two of these runs to work so far and loved them. I will attribute the spin classes and cross stepper training to helping me.

I think my fitness levels have shot through the roof since August when I started them. I was 21 1/2 stone then, now I'm down to 19. Long may it continue!

• You're doing brilliantly! I'm hoping to add running to my repertoire, but am concentrating on improving my fitness levels at the mo. Still plugging away at walking, cycling and have just thrown rowing into the mix, which I'm absolutely hopeless at! :D

You're doing well weight loss wise too and yes, long may it continue! :)

• Wow, nice going! Sounds you got your plan in place! Haha, I hate rowing, mainly because my knees can't take it too well. Keep it up, sounds like you're Smashing it!

• Evening :-)

Totals for today are 6.3k run (in a gale and pouring rain, so I think should count double :-) ) and 4.1 dog walk (luckily in the dry, finally !) = total 10.4k

• Well Lucca, that would depend on whether you were walking into the wind, or had it behind you :D

I think those totals are absolutely heroic! Wtg you! :)

• Running, moreless - not walking, into the wind :-O It was along the seafront - very windy and definitely into the wind in some places - my eyes were stinging :-(

• Oh definitely worth double then! :D

You'd best be super nice to FizzyLiz :D

• I have new trainers - no more holey shoes for me and I gave them a bashing today - 14.73kms, yay!

• Woohoo LtL! No blisters I hope :)

• Thanks Moreless - no blisters, they are lovely and comfy!

• Fantabulous! :)

• You sure did! πŸ‘

• Thank you - that is what they are for, hehe!

• 10.45km today

• Super duper K_o_g! :)

• 3.1km today. x

• Well done Frankie :)

• 7.53 kms for me today 😊

• Great number Beryl :)

• 14.1 km to report today. Quite good for a week day, lots of running around the office. Feeling good today and looking forward to my run early tomorrow morning. But first a delicious pho soup in Saigon (was there this time last year).

• Woohoo KC, that's a great number! :)

Glad to hear you're feeling good and already planning tomorrow's run! I hope the weather's kind to you! :o

So this is a trip down memory lane for you then? :)

• Yep. Memories of a great holiday. 😎😊

• Lucky you :)

• Well at least I can cast off my wellies! Ho chi min city sounds interesting. Another wet day but the dog and I managed 17169 steps, 11.5 kms. We are now sitting with the feet up 😊

• Your wellies will be gutted Bu-dog! :D

Wow, great number! :)

• Hi all. Weds kms are - me 9.1 (4.1k pottering and 5k dog walking) and Jog-on 31.5 (6k-steps at work, 20.5k-spinning 5k-cross training)

Happy travelling :)

• Good grief!! You two are astonishing!! :)

• Lol! Think he's just trying to avoid my disgusting cough :/ x

• Eeeeewwww!!! :o

• I know! When I've got rid of the cough I'm going to work on my pelvic floor ;) :D

• Hahahahahahahahahaha!!! :D :D :D

TENA LADY!!!!!!! :D

• Hello Everyone, my kms today 27th 1.60. Had Hanoi and Halong Bay changed Lizzy?

• Well done Marianne :)

• Changed? In what way? Hanoi was full of scooters and stalls selling soup and beer. Halong Bay is simply beautiful - stayed on a boat overnight.

• Hi, I thought after 6 years there may have been changes, nevertheless it was a good trip and the Bay was lovely.

• Hooping day, so 4.75km and nothing more... well, a lot of neck hooping today, and many hoops in my face. Tomorrow we'll see the bruises!

• I can't even get a hoop to go around my middle, never mind my neck!! :o

Great number diadhuit :)

• The neck is easier than the waist/hips. The shoulders are the worst for me... Just remember to keep your posture and the hoop won't bang in your nose... And don't try this at home :)

Last tip: check that you have long neck clothes to wear the next day, to avoid colleagues that think you nearly got strangled (ok, that didn't happen, but I feel like it could)

• I'm too terrified to even try it! I'm covered in bruises from trying to swing it on my waist!! :o

• 10.4km for me today :)

• You're clocking up some great numbers RAF_girl :)

• Hello Fizzyliz and fellow travellers, today I actually did go out for the first 'run' of my 10k training plan, and managed to complete it albeit at an incredibly slow pace. I'm quite chuffed although my hips are not! 6.9km run (oh if I'd known I might just have kept going to 7km!) and 5.2km walked so the total is 12.1km

• Woohoo rainshine, well done you! 10K here you come! :)

Fab total! :)

• 6.2 km crosstrain 3.8 treadmill

• Well done aquamarine πŸ˜€

• You are the queen of the cross-trainer! :)

• 1556 steps ....... Lol..... πŸ˜‚πŸ—Ώ

• Well done Chris! ;)

• Hi everyone

Today's I have done the following:-

Exercise bike AM - 3.2 km

Exercise bike PM - 5.7 km

Total of 8.9 km

And 2107 steps

Night all

Nic 😴

• Excellent Nic! :)

• 6 km from me today 😊 , night night 🏨 πŸŒ›β­

• Well done Elissy, hope the leg's ok :)

• 3.4km today which included little walk to the show for some beer πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ™ˆx well tennis is on!! Hoping the six nations won't hamper my weight loss 😁😁x

• Loving it!! :D Crank up the K's to crank up the cal's!! :D :D

• Had a good day today. After a lazy morning, I clocked up 7.82km of running/ walking.

• Ooh and very nice too Phil :)

• Hiya all, insanity this morning ( sounds worse than it is) usual to from work, and a little speed training adds up to 18km

• I just think it sounds insane Prin! :D

Loving those K's :)

• 7.57km /11229 steps ... Walking to work

• Hello Paja, how lovely to see you :)

Fantastic number :)

Welcome aboard! :)

• Hi everyone , just got home my miles for Tue-17.38 Wed-15.28 miles...πŸ‘Ÿ

• Wow Veronicaby, you had a brill couple of days! :)

• Hello there all ,

As promised an Improvement on Tuesday's poor km's . I managed a total of 5.3 km's Wednesday, Whoopdeedoo!!

Well impressed with myself πŸ˜ƒ ( especially seeing as my Osteo is giving me bad jip atm )

• WOOHOO Veganista! You're a star! WTG you! :) :) :)

You may also like...