New Start

Hi. Im new to this page (and the NHS weight loss plan.) I am currently at uni and ive decided enough is enough and I want to do something about my weight.

I feel like ive been putting it off for quite some time because of my image issues. I don't want to seem like im whining or complaining as I know a lot of people have image issues but mine got to the point where I couldn't leave the house because I didn't want people to see me. Ive recently managed (through a lot of work) to accept myself and know I am beautiful (even though im heavier now than ever) but now I feel im in a stage where I can accept that I am beautiful AND on a weight loss plan.

Snacking is one of my major issues and my love of cooking and baking hasn't helped either but I want to turn this around.

I hope you are all having a great day and successful plans x

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi, Just coming from Home to uni is a massive leap so well done for that alone!!

You sound strong and making the next 12 weeks sound easy :D!!

do you like to cook and bake for others or a weight loss diet plan? I am wanting to cook my own food, it's just working out which is good for weight loss

Have a great day to :)

• Haha Im not sure "easy" is the right word! :P

I cook and bake for anyone who will let me !! And it is one of my main concerns that I will have to adjust recipes I use so they are more weight loss friendly. I was thinking of starting a blog or something or simply post recipes I make up, try and think are good on here. Most recipes can be adjusted to suit I think :) well.....maybe not desserts haha :P

What are you studying at uni? :)

• Welcome, I hope you find what you need in this community. Start by dowloading an app on your phone to keep track of calories (Fat Secret, My Fitness Pal...), it's a great aid! Good luck!

You may also like...