Packed lunch ideas

I'm running out of packed lunch (for work) ideas.

So far I've done sandwiches and wraps with various fillings and it's getting a bit boring (I like variety).

My workplace doesn't have much in the way of cooking facilities, just 2 microwaves and an oven but it's not very reliable. The microwaves get pretty busy too as everyone goes to lunch ag pretty much the sane time (I work in a school).

Help! What can I eat?

7 Replies

• what about a chicken salad? with carrots, peppers, cucumber and a variety of salad leafs? x

• theres some decent ideas on there!

• Ooh thanks will take a look

• I sprout alfalfa and mung beans and have those with honey and balsamic vinegar dressing (ie a teaspoon of each, mixed), halved cherry tomatoes and fried reduced fat halloumi, (I wasn't sure the halloumi would be nice cold but it is - you just need to watch you only have a 3rd of a packet per meal) I'm someone who does better on fairly evenly balanced meals in terms of energy intake rather than loading most of it onto the evening meal.

• What about cous cous, just add water from the kettle and take some salad to eat with it?

• If you've marinated some quorn or tofu for dinner, it's just as yummy cold in a salad / cous cous / quinoa the next day.

• Hi

I am new here and also looking for ideas for packed lunch to take to work - below is what I had one day last week - I have bought a microwavable soup pot now and will be making homemade soups to take to work as well.

Packed lunch - lettuce, tomato, pepper, onion and a little bit of cheese (my salad). Along with 2 tsp of low fat humous which I will eat with cucumber. A kids packet of raisins for an afternoon snack and a small handful of mixed nuts.

You may also like...