baby in the womb has hiccups : I am now 29 weeks... - NCT

NCT
32,518 members12,371 posts

baby in the womb has hiccups

I am now 29 weeks pregnant and for two weeks I can feel that subtle but regular movement. usually, I can feel that below my belly and I guess it is the head because I can also feel some kicks near my stomach. it is just so sweet. my husband was worried if the baby was cold or uncomfortable when he/she has hiccups, but after checking online I reassured him that having hiccups means the baby's brain system is developing well and the little one is practicing how to breathe. heart melter :)

18 Replies
oldestnewest

Its perfectly normal my second did this for a good chunk of pregnancy and was still doing it at a couple weeks old

1 like

so sweet. Does he also sleep the same way as he did in the womb?

No thankfully lol He was pretty much nocturnal during pregnancy, hes now a year and a half old and sleeps 8 while 8 so pretty good really

1 like

That's adorable. am sure you are enjoying it even though it can be really tiring sometimes. xxx

I always loved feeling hiccups 💗 x

2 likes

yes, feels so sweet

1 like

Very common when they are newborn too. Reassurance your husband that baby can not feel cold in there as it's a constant 37 degrees... perfectly regulated and it's the most cosy place ever with dim lights with mummy's comforting heart beat in the background

4 likes

hmm, yes, sounds very soothing, eh?

1 like

Why would bring cold cause hiccups?!

But that aside, hiccups in the womb are totally normal, my son had them every morning whilst I had breakfast, it was a lovely part of our morning routine.

2 likes

morning routine, haha. did he continue that routine after he was born?

For the first few days he got hiccups after feeding. Now (almost 8 months) he gets them if he laughs too much, has been like that since around 5 months!

1 like

My daughter is 4 and a half and had hiccups in the womb and still gets them due to laughing to hard. I can feel my son is going to be the same he hiccups in the womb on a evening. It's just one of those things nothing to worry about xx

Agree with all above / it was the same with my baby and now at 3 weeks old he still gets them midwife has said harmless both in and out of the womb x

1 like

good to know. thank you. i also can't wait to say hello to the little one, xxx

Congratulations darling. And yes agreed with all the above. My little one had them constantly and she is a healthy 10 months old

1 like

after all the struggles, you met the little one finally, eh? I also can't wait to see him/her, xxx

It’s the most amazing feeling I’m still so overwhelmed how much I can love such a little person!!!!!! Good luck with rest of pregnancy xx

I know, right?! It's just amazing. same to you :)

You may also like...