C section recovery

So I had a c section three weeks ago but the past couple of days I've been getting the chills/shivers every evening (only in the evening) even though the thermostat says the room is 17-20c. It's so bad I've been going to bed in jumpers on top of pj's just to feel warm enough to sleep. My scar does feel a little warm to touch and quite hard plus I just took my temperature and got a reading of 38.8c! Anybody else felt like this after a ECS? Should I be concerned? 

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'd say go see your GP because a high temperature may indicate flu or an infection. It's probably nothing but go get yourself checked out anyway xxx

• You need to get it checked, either at least he gp or a&e if gp can't see you today. You might have a wound infection if the wound is red and warm. Unfortunately wound infections are common, normally treated easily with antibiotics but might need to be IV. I would imagine you don't have other flu symptom or funny vaginal discharge or painful wees?

• I would get it checked out to be on the safe side.  I have had 3 c sections and your wound should not feel hot after 3 weeks, but the hardness is normal. I would get it checked hun and get some antibiotics. Hope you feel better soon xx

• completely agree with the all the ladies, a high temperature means that something is not right, see your Gp asap, all the best.

• Thanks ladies, I was worried that it might have been normal and I'd be wasting the doctors time. Anyway I spoke with gp over the phone who gave me some antibiotics as she agreed it sounded like an infected wound and already, with only a days worth of the antibiotics the heat has gone from it.

• Glad to hear you've got some antibiotics and you're starting to feel better x

You may also like...