I would feel terrible if anyone were offended at my, at times, perverse humor. I made a list that made me feel better, so I'll share it. My sister had a hard time learning about my diagnosis, but this got her laughing again, and now she thinks up some of her own.
Things Not to Reply When Someone Tell you They Have MS:
1. So can you still do the dishes?
2. How will this affect me?
3. They can't cure that, can they?
4. You're having trouble with driving? Can I have your car then?
5. Don't worry about your clumsiness; you seem just the same to me.
6. Is it catching? Are you sure?
7. I still have Grandpa's bedpan. You want it?
8. I've been reading online...
9. I think my cat had that.
10. I suppose that means I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year.
11. It's Relapsing Remitting? Then let's hope you die before you have another relapse.
12. At least you're not REALLY sick.
13. Well, that explains why you look so bad.
14. I'm going to that big game. Could I borrow your handicap tag?
I think I may have too much time on my hands. I hope you get a chuckle out of these and that they aren't in bad taste. If I don't laugh, I'll cry.