MPN Voice
3,294 members4,968 posts

Hydroxy liquid form

Hi everyone, I've not posted in a while but been reading tons of posts. I saw my heam on Monday and bloods all normal still 😁 I asked if I could try tablet form because the plastic capsules were sticking in my throat. My hospital does not supply tablet form (too expensive I guess) so I'm giving the liquid a go and it's disgusting 🤢 Anyone else tried this form ? Thanks peeps.

Best wishes lainy xx

8 Replies
oldestnewest

I nearly inhaled a capsule once so I tip the contents into a cup of tea instead. I was walking when I tried to swallow the capsule so never do that again either. Good luck with the liquid hydrea though.

2 likes

I’m sure I read somewhere that you can tip the contents of a capsule into a glass of water. Not sure whether it would taste any better though🧐

2 likes

I wasn't even aware that it came in any other form, but I did know that the capsules could be opened and mixed with liquid but extra care needs to be taken if doing this so that the contents are not touched

2 likes

you must also make sure when putting either the powder or the liquid in a cup or glass that you wash it thoroughly afterwards so there is no residue left, probably best to have a cup or glass just for the Hydroxy and don't let anyone else use it at all. Maz

3 likes

I never knew HU came in liquid form! I was never given the option, just the capsules.

1 like

Had a word with my pharmacy if you sprinkle your meds this is not a good idea.

Try putting your caps in side a sandwich.

1 like

As I have issues swallowing , since diagnosis I have always taken my capsules by mixing them with water .( Macmillan website re hydroxy) I have a designated Axifeed bottle especially for this .I don’t have any problems with the taste at all even when my max dose was four capsules daily . It’s ok to use dilute juice if you find the taste unacceptable. Hope this helps 🤞😊

1 like

I can’t taste it in my tea.

1 like

You may also like...