PV Headaches

Evening all.

I hope you are enjoying the heat, myself I am not keen 😁.

Anyway, can the lovely people with PV help me please. What do your headaches tend to be like. I have had some monsters the last few weeks with neck pain and I guess I'm wondering of that's how they are ? Also my head feels like it sometimes vibrates with a bit a blurred vision.

Can you guide me please ?

Thank you xx

5 Replies

• Hello Karen,

I get that too and, for me, headaches and blurred vision are symptomatic things and usually mean that I am due a venesection - if possible get in touch with your haem and ask for a blood test to make sure everything is ok - even if it is it is always best to make sure.

All the best,

• Thank you Iain

• Hi Karen. I get alot of headaches and blurred vision with my PV, have had scans but nothing seems to be untoward. I agree with lain though, they do get worse when my heamatocrit is high.

Good luck Mel x

• Hi Karen -

Yes, I get these too - they are "splitting" headaches and I have blurred vision. So far the Drs. do not know what they are, but my haematologist has given me some tablets for them. I got an awful one the other night, one tablet did not work, but then I took 2 as recommended and that did work.

I am really getting to hate this illness. Hope your GP or consultant can help.

• Thank you for your responses. Do you get stuff neck and pain with them. The vision thing worries me as I drive a lot as part of my job x

You may also like...