Difficulty getting Zolmitriptan

Hi, the last couple of times I have gone to get my prescription I have been told there is a supply difficulty. Has anyone else experienced this or is it a Boots chemist issue?

I have trieda variety of other migraine tablets etc and this is the only one that works brilliantly and I am getting a migraine just thinking about it not being available!

17 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yeah there's an issue from the supplier 😣 it's the same with sumatriptan. 😣

• I have no problem getting sumatriptan but it doesn't work any where near as good as zolmitriptan unfortunately 🤔 I wonder what the problem is?

• I've had to change to maxalt rizatriptan because they can't get imagrin sumatritan, keep giving me generic that don't work. Maxalt melts work for me though 👍. I'm going to call the details of suppliers on the box. Would like to know what the problem is 😕

• Having same trouble getting mine too! Its not just boots ive tried 6 different pharmacies in my area .

• I hope they sort it soon, it's giving me a migraine worrying about it 😊

• I know the feeling! :-)

• I haven't been able to get sumatriptan for 6 weeks so they have given me zolmitriptan doesn't seem to have the same effect though the pharmacy said they could be rebranding it or a shortage of an ingredient. Hope its not like syndol where they banned the ingredient that worked 😳😡

• Funny (not exactly ha ha ) isn't it how each one is different to different people. It's the opposite for me!

• Maybe we should swap!

• I thought it was just my dispensary that was having problems getting Zolmatriptan. I've been given orodispersable ones now which I've never had before but I don't suppose there's much difference, just how you take them. Also had trouble getting 2.5mg for a while and was given 5mg which I was told to cut in half!! That was never going to happen so I ended up taking twice as much. Have finally gone back to 2.5.

• Are they exactly the same as the tablet? If so I might ask my chemist if they can get them instead. I can only take 1.25mg at a time. If I take 2.5mg it makes it worse. Thanks and good luck!

• I haven't tried one yet as I've only had them since Thursday but it says you dissolve them on your tongue. Not very keen as I prefer tablets which I can just swallow with a glass of water. Hope they don't taste too foul!

• I hope not either! Imagine a nice taste 😊

• I haven't had a problem (I'm on sumatriptan) but I stocked up recently after a particularly bad run of migraines and haven't had a bad one since so I haven't needed any for a while. But I am a nurse and supply issues happen from time to time, its usually resolved reasonably quickly. Also you can just take the orodispersible ones like you would take a normal tablet, it honestly doesn't make much difference but they will work faster if you let them disolve

• I'd love to stock up so I don't have to worry about not having them but the doctor won't let me 😔

• i get my sumatriptan on repeat prescription and can usually stockpile a box of 6, but last time my 50mg was not available so they gave me 6 100mg with instructions to cut in half !!

• I have had supply problems for sumatriptan so bought a load of 100mg off internet and will cut in half - works out very cheap that way - about £1 each

Medexpress.co.uk

You may also like...