Forgetful or vague with migraine?

This happens to me a lot, and I've had a bad week with migraines due to the heat in London. I've been even more vague than usual, and it worries me as I don't want to miss something with work.

A couple of years ago I got really lost just after a focal migraine where I'd had a lot of flashing lights etc. A friend had to come and find me, even though I was somewhere really simple that I'd been many times.

My question really is how common you all find this, and if you feel it has a long term effect, I worry about my memory!

8 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Hi HjMac...yip very classic ๐Ÿ˜†. I took a taxi home with a migraine and was sitting outside a house i lived in 15yrs previously. Have been shopping and got a migraine and forgot my pin number I've used for yrs and walked to the shop on the corner and couldn't remember how to get home ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Severe constant migraine can do this. I actually thought i was taking a stroke.

When you have a day with no migraine you'll see its all part of it because you'll have your memory back ๐Ÿ˜†

Try not to stress about it, it'll make your head worse

• I've done the PIN number thing, trying to use my iPhone PIN for my debit card.

Tried to open my car door with my work pass!

I was just wondering how many others had this, as it does freak me out.

• Freaks me out too but it's not permanent thankfully.๐Ÿ˜†

Be well ๐Ÿ˜†

• I'm wondering if this is affecting me now.

• Hi I find my memory recall isn't very good generally over the last few years as my migraines have got worse. Things like recalling get names and events specifically. I sometimes struggle to get my words out to make a logical sentence. I would be concerned something else was happening of I didn't know my MRI was normal. I am trying to wean down my gabapentin to see if this helps but I worry also about making mistakes at work.

• I'm starting to have similar problems and it is really quite scary. I have to remind myself that it is reversible and I have days where it's not that bad but I hate coming out of a period of being like that and realising what I've done/thought/etc!

• You guys have made me feel less alone ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ

It is scary when it happens. I also am starting to think they need better explanations about how it affects the brain. I've had two negative MRI brain scans, but I wonder if there's other types of scannning they could use. ๐Ÿค”

• I have such migraines as a symptom of auto immune disease. Often overlooked as a cause. If you have any other health related issues you should consider there may be an underlying cause. Took me a long time to be diagnosed but now on treatment and symptom free.

You may also like...