Are there any Drs in the UK that Specialise... - Meningitis Now

Meningitis Now

5,882 members1,955 posts

Are there any Drs in the UK that Specialises in after affects of Bacterial Meningitis?


I had BM in 2015 and since then I get numb hands tingling fingers at night only!

I have had a variety of tests and Kings College London have now discharged me saying they can’t help!

2 Replies

I have this too. My neurologist referred me to Occupational therapy who gave me splints to wear at night , said it was carpel tunnel syndrome . The splints work brilliantly and stop all the tingling fingers .

I would hope that somewhere there is someone who specialises in the chronic after effects of BM. If not then surely that is what Meningitis Now should be looking for.

You may also like...