Is this normal to feel this way ? - Meningitis Now

Meningitis Now
5,711 members1,894 posts

Is this normal to feel this way ?

Reyjay94
Reyjay94

I had viral meniguitus at the end of March which I was in hospital for a week came home went back to work for 2 weeks then became I'll again with the same symptoms ambulance came and went back into hospital it had become bacterial meningitis where I've been in hospital for 3 weeks which is so rare unfortunately I had to be the one while catching a sickness and dihorrea bug which was toxic I had a really bad time I've come home for the last couple of days and I feel very depressed my emotions are all over the place I really can't control them one day I feel a bit stronger in myself and then the next I feel like I'm having a relaps I feel so ill is that normal ? I'm 25 years old usually fit and healthy I just so annoyed it's all happened I'm questioning everything

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi, hope this finds you better today! I also contacted bacterial meningitis in 2015. I experienced those same feelings and still do but less frequently. I found a good neurologist that helps me deal with the after effects of meningitis. Rest helps more than anything. Take care of yourself!

Reyjay94
Reyjay94
in reply to Runnerma

Thank you for the reply can I ask are you taking anything for these feelings ?

Runnerma
Runnerma
in reply to Reyjay94

Yes I am on a low dose antidepressant which really helps. There can be many residual effects of meningitis with varying degrees. Since I don’t know how I contracted it, I am always a little afraid it will return but I try not to dwell on it.

You may also like...