Does anyone get scared that it could return? - Meningitis Now

Meningitis Now
5,738 members1,902 posts

Does anyone get scared that it could return?

Jess2032
Jess2032

I’m post VM a year now cannot believe how fast this year has gone and to think this time last year I was still in hospital for 10 days! Worse experience of my life but I remember each day as if it was yesterday but yet can’t seem to remember things I did yesterday or a week ago I’m guessing this is a side effect of it?

Anyway I’m currently getting a few symptoms at the minute as have a bad cold and that’s how it started in the first place 😞 currently have pressure in the back of my head, my neck is very stiff and I’ve had a migraine today which I don’t usually suffer with 😢 I’m just terrified it’s returning and no one seems to understand or even care that I feel like this! I just feel like I’m on my own suffering with it 😞

4 Replies
oldestnewest

yes because ive had it 3 x so anytime I have a headache I wonder if its going to take that big step. but once you've had it ,there is no mistaking it if it returns

Rodman21
Rodman21
in reply to bobdd

More than once is called Mollarets. Go see infectious Disease, they can help you.

Sounds like a relapse. A lot of people have them. Hope you get checkef out. Feel better soon.

Jess2032
Jess2032
in reply to RHB2016

Oh no hope it isn’t don’t really want to get it again 😞 thanks for your reply though! Xx

You may also like...