Hi - This morning I had my final booster jab of Men B, a month after I had both the initial jab in September along with the single dose of Men W.
Having read all the press releases, watched the TV coverage and having been severely ill in hospital with Meningoencephalitis (4 years ago), I decided to check around to see if I should protect my self by having these two inoculations.
I wrote to my neurologist and my immunologist for their professional opinions, and spent many weeks deciding the best action for me.
I knew at 65 years old that I wasn't going to get these vaccines on the NHS although, it might have been possible for me to have the Men W done under a Travel Vaccine apparently.
So, the final cost was £325.00 but worth every penny if it protected me from having this awful illness, being hospitalised again and maybe even worse.
I wonder how many of you have also decided to take up the offer - either on the NHS or privately - and have the vaccinations?
I look forward to hearing from you. Stay well.