Sphenoid wing meningioma

Hi. I'm 63 and finished treatment for stage 1a DLBCL a few months ago. During a routine cat scan a shadow was found so had an MRI. This found a 12mm sphenoid wing meningioma. My hematologist is referring me to King's hospital in London  but have heard nothing yet. So many questions - should I be worried (I know that sounds daft but I'm losing sleep over this), would it be causing the Post Nasal Drip that I have or the pains in the right side of my head that have just started? I'm also in a lot of pain with arthritis so I'm at a particularly low ebb at the moment and would be grateful for some help. I've never had high blood pressure in my life but I have now.

7 Replies

• Sorry I'm not up on what's wrong with you, I've never heard of it before but I did have a meningioma and had an op, you might not need one....everybody is different but please try to stay positive even with everything that runs through your mind, I know it's very difficult sometimes but I actually couldn't wait to get into theatre to have mine seen to....you might not even need to have an op they might just put you on a watch and wait like many others do. Fingers are crossed for you, sending lots of love and best wishes. xx

• Thank you so much for your message. I'm STILL waiting to hear from King's hospital in London to find out what the plan is! It's the waiting that's driving me mad!

• Poor you, it's such a worrying time but fingers crossed you will be fine. Try to keep thinking that you can't change things but you can hurry them along by giving them a ring and asking if there has been an appointment made...lots have done that, so please do not be afraid to call, meantime just try as hard as you can to block it out your mind and do things that you enjoy doing to stay focussed. Always here, message me anytime. Been there, done that and got through it so far and you will too. x

• Thank you. Was supposed to get a phone call today but didn't. Will ring again tomorrow and make a nuisance of myself til I get some information. Always encouraging to hear from someone who's walked in my shoes and come out the other side. Thank you.

• Yes please do call and chase it up. Let me know how it goes! Best wishes!

• I will, and thank you.

• Well I finally got an appointment with neuro oncology at King's Hospital - in 6 months time! I think the theory is that I have another MRI to see if the thing has grown so they can decide what to do about it. My main worry is that because I finished cancer treatment (DLBCL) 7 months ago is this meningioma more likely to be malignant? It's driving me mad!