back from holidays

Hi everybody!

I have been in Italy for a couple of weeks and did not post anything from there. I took a bit of a vacation from running but still did about 50 miles (48) in total. I forgot how hot can get down there... I did 3 runs in Sardinia and on my first I thought it was raining, but it was my own sweat from the cap ... I realized after that I was running at 8.30 am with 35 degrees ... that is hot!

I managed a couple of long runs, but mainly got a bit of fast intervals in. I am back in the grey and colder northern Ireland and I am going slowly back towards the 50 miles per week. I have a training plan for the Dublin Marathon (which I cannot run as I will be busy on the day) and I think I will follow it with some flexibility.

After that (end of October) I am planning to get some more intervals and stars training (to get more power in the legs). If I manage to get rid of some weight, I would love to run a Half at the beginning of the year and then prepare the Dublin marathon for next year with a goal of 210' (which for the moment looks impossible).

I will keep you posted on the developments :)

happy running

6 Replies

• I would have thought the weight would be shifting with the mileages you are putting in. How's your portion control?

• My portion control has been probably awful for the last couple of years (as I have ran more than 2600miles since May 2014 (~900 in 2016) and gained 6 Kg.).

About a month ago I have started to keep calories and portions more under control and I am now 5/6 Kilos down, however still very far away from my normal BMI (still need to get rid of 11 to 20 kilos, depending on where I want to get - e.g. 20 would bring me to normal BMI and to the weight I was in my teenage - when I used to be a faster runner).

So the plan is to go back below 80 Kilos at least and then try to speed up my half and full marathons :)

I am definitely motivated, let's see how it goes in the next year...

• Hi marco83 and welcome back! I am not surprised you had to cut the running back a bit in that heat! Weight loss? I find portion control and no eating between meals is the easiest way to do it. But everyone is different...

Good luck with your plan!

• good luck with that i am sure your do well, i have no tips about weight loss. But your plan sounds like a sensible long term plan.

• Sounds fabulous, and what a wonderful holiday too.... great training plan :)

• I have found a 10K and signed in to add some speedwork to my future training, so in a couple of weeks I start with "need for speed" training plan ;) I'll keep you posted :)

You may also like...