Do I Have A Macular Problem?

Hi All,

This is my first post here, I'm a 40 year old male and have being having visual problems for over 10 years but with no real diagnoses.

I can manage with the sight I've got but feel it's constantly detiorating and I'm scared of going blind. I have a blind spot in my vision slightly to right of centre which causes me to read slowly as I can't see the next word. Also straight lines look broken and sometimes lines of text go wavey.

The eye clinic can't find a problem but I know it's not right, they have put it down to my heart murmur causing low blood pressure and also the fact I get migraines with blank spot but that lasts an hour and this blank spot never goes.

My Grandfather has glaucoma which is what I feared but my optician says eye pressure and field are OK.

I'm pretty worried about this now so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Richie.

Last edited by

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Hello Richie,

I am sorry to hear about your sight problems.

Have you ever been told that you have a macular condition?

May I suggest that if you are not happy with your diagnosis, that you ask your GP to refer you to another hospital eye unit for a second opinion.

Alternatively, if you would like to discuss in more depth, may I suggest that you call our society helpline on 0300 30 30 111 (9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday).

Best wishes

Helpline

Macular Society

You may also like...