Sorry, this is a bit of a "personal" one but I have a follow-up rheumatology appointment in a week and a half and I am trying to plan what to ask about this.
I'm 28 and my husband and I were planning (before my diagnosis!) to start trying for our first child. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks in November '18. I've not really had any lupus symptoms except for kidney involvement and low white blood cells / anaemia, and I haven't really felt any symptoms physically at all - but the rheumatologist I saw asked if we were planning and said it would be wise to wait until things were more stable.
I'm trying to think about questions to ask in advance, and I'm wondering if anyone can think of anything obvious that I've missed!
- Is there a risk that existing kidney problems can worsen with pregnancy?
- Are continued very low white blood cell counts an issue? (The anaemia I have under control, but literally nothing seems to boost the WBC!)
- I have anti Ro and anti La antibodies and I understand that there is a risk of neonatal heart block (am I correct on that?). How much of a risk / can this risk be mitigated?
- Is pregnancy likely to cause a flare / worsening of existing symptoms and effects?
- Should we just be giving up on the idea altogether?!
Thanks for reading and sorry that this is a bit of a personal one... just literally everything I read seems to be contradictory and I want to know which Qs to ask!