Log in
22,615 members17,999 posts

What specialist addresses MTHFR mutation?

I just recently discovered that I have the MTHFR gene mutation.

Specifically: MTHFR A1286C Homozygous

What type of specialist should I see for this? My GP is sending me to a Hematologist.

I am in hopes that my autoimmune problems stem from this and there might be a simple way to resolve my inflammation issues! Fingers crossed!

3 Replies

Yes, a haematologist to start with. They might send you to a geneticist (if you haven't been there already) or an immunologist if they need more in-depth investigation. How did you find out about your gene mutation?


My GP ordered the test (among several) because of weird bruising I've had on my pinky, arm and tongue, too.


Is the typical of lupus as well?


You may also like...