LUpus Patients Understanding and Support
2,810 members β€’ 673 posts

A picture paints a thousand words?

A 20ml metal ball found in my abdomen, not digestive track. This was found 2 weeks ago in an MRI. They had to stop MRI obviously and they took xrays later. Hmmm I think someone has forgotten something in DIEP flap surgery. Could this have hindered my health? Who knows eh? Sure didn't help it.

That's me and my hospital gown sideways πŸ˜‰

Be as well as you can be πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈπŸ§šβ€β™€οΈπŸ§šβ€β™€οΈπŸ€—πŸ˜ŠπŸŒ»

15 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

OMGoodness !!!

😳😑🀯xxx

1 like

Exactly... All of those imogies are perfect! πŸ˜‚

1 like

xxx πŸ€—β™₯️πŸ₯°πŸ™πŸ˜‡πŸ•Š

Utterly reprehensible! I recommend you contact the hospital & surgeon. You might want to explore a complaint so speak to someone who knows about this kind of situation.

2 likes

Yes. Definitely.

xxx

1 like

As Luck would have it the main surgeon left while I was still in hospital, just another job but to another country! There were two teams working on me so who knows?

I will take action, but quietly.

Is Paul still admistrator?

There isn't a Paul. I am the Administrator.

I suggest you write to the hospital administrator explaining the situation.

Perhaps you should see a lawyer first, especially if you have had to pay for the operation.

IMHO, you first need advice as to what you should do!

Was the operation in the U.K.? Do you have medical insurance?

1 like

Yes it was in the UK with the NHS

Report this to the Chief Administrator of the hospital and report to the Patients Complaint Unit asap!

1 like

Thank you so much Ros. I will most certainly do this. Thank you so much for the your help.

There was/is a Paul. Paul Howard Administrator for Lupus UK. I think each site may have their own administrators. Not that it is important. What is important is they found this ball and something will be done about it for you. Hoping everything gets sorted and Ill be thinking of you. It almost sounds like something in the movies or on House. I dont mean to make it seem insignificant because it isnt, it is unbelievably shocking and incomprehensible that this has happened. Just WOW!

1 like

Ohhh that's where Paul is from., yes of course.

I still haven't heard anything, but the wheels of the NHS move slowly at the best of times, this will need to be investigated of where it actually is.

But does this answer questions of my Illnesses that can mot be explained? It would be nice to have some answers. You can cope with so much more if you know what or why something is happening. But when you are continuously guessing, surely it must make matters worse. My GP has said on numerous occasions that she just doesn't know.

Enlightenment would be fabulous.

Be well today!

πŸŒΌπŸ§šβ€β™€οΈπŸŒžπŸ§šβ€β™€οΈπŸŒ»

So true, the knowing at least gives you a reason as to why. I really do hope it does give you those answers. Take good care of you xx

1 like

You take care of You too

πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈπŸŒΌπŸŒ·πŸŒ»πŸŒž

xx

You may also like...