Have you recently been diagnosed with... - The Roy Castle Lu...

The Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation

4,324 members2,586 posts

Have you recently been diagnosed with lung cancer?

georgiabellblack
georgiabellblack

Were you diagnosed with lung cancer within the last 12 months? Have your say about your experiences in the PEARL study - a research programme led by UCL and funded by Cancer Research UK. We're interested in people's experienced of being diagnosed, and we're particularly keen to hear from people who are from Black, Asian and other minority backgrounds living in the UK.

If you take part, you would have a chat with a friendly researcher on the phone, and you would be paid for your time. That's it!

If you're interested in taking part, please do comment below or email me (Georgia Black) on g.black@ucl.ac.uk or Sandra Van Os (s.os@ucl.ac.uk). Thanks!

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Yes, I was told 4 X weeks ago.Not sure if I'm going to fit your criteria though ? I'm white male 65 living in peaceful Monmouthshire.At this time not sure how long ? an extremely scared Gareth.

Hi Gareth. Thanks for responding. We're really keen on finding some ethnic minority participants at the minute, but we may still be able to include you. Could you please email me at g.black@ucl.ac.uk and we can take it from there?

Hi

I was diagnosed in March this year. I’m a white , 52 year old woman

Hi Debs

Thank you so much for replying. Could you please send me an email? Then I can send you the materials for the study and take it from there.

Hi

Yes of course, what is your email address?

Hi Deb it's g.black@ucl.ac.uk

Thank you so much

I'd be happy to help. I'm a white male aged 75, though. Also pone conversations are difficult as I've lost my voice and have to use a squawk-box.

Thank you so much for your reply. Would it help to do the interview via Zoom or Whatsapp video? Please email me at g.black@ucl.ac.uk and we can take it from there.

I was diagnosed with squamous cancer in august and had my whole lung removed,i am in my early 70s so hopefully I can take part with your research

Thank you so much - could you please send me an email to g.black@ucl.ac.uk? I'll send you some more information about the study and we can take it from there.

Have sent you an email.

Thank you to everyone who has responded. We're still recruiting, if anyone feels that they could spare the time to take part.

You may also like...