Living with Asthma
1,325 members268 posts

Are you aware of any new treatments in development for asthma?

Would you be interested in taking part in clinical trials for new treatments?

Reply and respond to others in the comments below! :)

18 Replies
oldestnewest

I would be interested in clinical trials. Also looking at sublingual therapy for dust allergy.

2 likes

I would be interested in clinical trials if it didn't interfere with my job.

2 likes

I’m aware of the thermoplasty procedure and Xolair. Hoping for a real breakthrough.

2 likes

Odactra for reaction to dust mites. At this time I am not interested in being part of trials.

2 likes

Definitely interested in clinical trials. I'm not aware of any new therapies. I'm aware of NUCALA and similar biologics but they are beyond my grasp due to the cost. my insurance has denied them even though my lab tests show that I have it. How could something be so expensive! I am also award of bronchial thermoplasty.

2 likes

Definitely!

2 likes

I would most definitely be interested in participating in clinic trials & research. If I can be of help to get relief for other people, that would be awesome.

2 likes

No but would be interested if there are any.

2 likes

I am not aware of any new treatments and would definitely be interested in clinical trials.

3 likes

Yes, Fasenra came out in November for allergic asthma. I will start this month or next and let you know how it goes!

3 likes

What is Fasenra? Is it a steroid?

Hi LadyDi24

Fasenra is an add on medication that is given as an injection for patients with severe eosinophilic asthma.

Here is the Patient Information link that gives a specific description

azpicentral.com/fasenra/fas...

I am in denial that I have moderate asthma as I don’t think I have ever had an attack. I just get really sick when I get sick. It takes weeks before I stop symptoms. I know I am allergic to a lot. So I would turn down a trial knowing others need it more. I am unaware of new treatments.

2 likes

I am unaware of any new treatments for asthma bi wish they would put more into finding new ones.

When I lived in the uk I helped on clinical trials now I live in Florida I would love to continue with them.

I think everything helps towards this terrible disease.

2 likes

I don't know of anything new, other than Xolair. I do that.

3 likes

No, I just don’t like the thought of not knowing what I’m taking. I have too many strange side effects with almost anything. So I’ll leave that to someone else. With a stronger constitution than mine.

2 likes

Yeah of course I’d be interested

2 likes

I would definitely participate if a trial was available in my area.

1 like

You may also like...