Liver4Life
1,085 members150 posts

liver chirrosis

hi i have had results back from biopsy i have chirrosis due to fatty liver ,obs i need to go on a serious diet but is there anything else that can be done im only 38 and consultant was shocked to see my liver in this way so young

2 Replies
oldestnewest

The Liver4Life page has a page dedicated to Fatty Liver though it is a little sparse in information. It is at:- liver4life.org.uk/fatty-liv...

I know it's on a different organisations page but the British Liver Trust has an excellent page dedicated to Non-Alcohol Related Fatty Liver Disease together with information about diet and liver disease. You might want to take a look at:- britishlivertrust.org.uk/li... and britishlivertrust.org.uk/li...

I hope they are going to keep a regular eye on you now that you have a cirrhosis diagnosis. You will need 6 monthly ultrasound scans to look for changes in the liver (the quicker some of these are found the better) and also to check portal vein, other organs and for signs of fluid build up. Cirrhosis brings it's own list of problems and you should educate youself about the condition. Again I find the Liver4Life page a bit sparse on information so you might want to take a look at the British Liver Trust page about Cirrhosis britishlivertrust.org.uk/li...

All the best to you, Katie

1 like

thanks katie very much appreciated xx

You may also like...