Infertility Support
652 members174 posts

Need Info on Surrogacy – Please help

I am from Minnesota, aged 38 now and over the last 6 years have had 3 miscarriages. It is really devastating to lose a baby let alone 3 on the trot. DH and I now feel that it is best to opt for surrogacy. But questions remain. How do I find a surrogate mother? Do I need a lawyer to draw up a contract? What rates do I have to pay her? Have contacted a few clinics here and their rates are very high. Can anyone provide some precise info on surrogacy?

9 Replies
oldestnewest

I would suggest that you do not take all the responsibility. For example, the payment issue can be very tricky. There are hundreds of things to be taken into account, right from food supplements to maternity clothes for the surrogate mother and it is best left to a lawyer to work out the details.

Except what you are concerned, I think there are other things you need to know about how to use surrogacy.

The American Society for Reproductive Medicine says a surrogate should get a medical exam to check that she's likely to have a healthy, full-term pregnancy. The organization suggests she gets tests that check for infectious diseases such as syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, HIV, cytomegalovirus, and hepatitis B and C.

Surrogates should get tests to make sure they have immunity to measles, rubella (German measles), and chickenpox. Also, you may want to ask that she get a medical procedure to visually "map" the uterus, which can help the doctor check her potential to carry a pregnancy. A surrogate mother should have her own doctor during pregnancy rather than use yours.

The cost of surrogacy can range from $80,000 to $120,000. A lot of different things go into the price, such as whether the surrogate has her own medical insurance or whether you need to buy a surrogacy-pregnancy policy for her.

Hi Diannakey , Donor Concierge has access to more US surrogates than anyone in the world who are available now .They work with over 40 trusted surrogacy agencies across the country . you can contact them . you will definitely find someone who really understand your concern ............ Just finger crossed and Good Luck!!!!!

Hi Diannakey , Its really sad to know about your story and I really appreciate your decision of surrogacy . Go through this link . Hope it will help you to find out the answer of your all queries.......

inspire.com/search/?group_i...

Hello Diannakey, How do you do? Have doctors told you a reason for your multiple MC? There are other primary ways, for example, IUI, ICSI & IVF. Have you tried any of them? I think you should try one of them and then go for Surrogacy. In order to find a surrogate mother, you should better search in Facebook groups or you can contact surrogacy agency (if you have one in your country).Clinic in Ukraine have amazing and pocket-friendly packages you should visit it if you can. Take care Good luck!

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriages. To get to your question right away - so, you don't necessarily need to find a surrogate by yourself. Many infertility clinics offer in-house surrogates database. They, of course, will charge for their services. Most of the couples go for this option. However, you have an option to provide the clinic with a surrogate. For that, you can ask around. Put this on your social media accounts' timelines. This won't be easy I tell you that. Once you have found a volunteer, she will need to fulfill the clinic's criteria. You can check the criteria of a clinic by going to their website or talking to their support. You can also go the agency route.

Hi diannakey,

I can understand what you are going through. My DH and I faced infertility when we already had our DS Den. I had hysterectomy after Den's delivery, it took time to heal and recover, both physically and psycho. We always wanted to have more kids and never ever though everything could work this way. Adoption was discussed as an option. We even contacted a few adoption agencies but found out it was so complicated, time and money-consuming, and most importantly - providing no guarantees for a match and final green light for adoption.

All our friends were telling us to try surrogacy, but we never took it seriously.

Willy-nilly, we started exploring this option. Our journey brought us to Kiev, Ukraine. We were there just a week ago while our DS was staying with his grandparents. We went to the Surrogacyinfo which is considered as one of the best clinics in Ukraine. One can even find details about it online. We met people there in the clinic and who shared their stories and I shared ours. Some kept trying again and again many times. I don't want it to be a forever journey. The doctors here in

Surrogacyinfo are very supportive. Our doctor said that we're young and it gives us much more chances for success from the very first attempt.

FYI, the surrogacy can be held with your husbands sperm and your eggs if you pass few tests they take at the clinic.

Good Luck !!

Try surrogate motherhood abroad, it's much cheaper than in the US! I did IVF in Ukraine, this company can help you and in surrogate . Canadian medical care - I highly recommend it!

Hi, dear. I am with you on the MC journey. I hope you feel better now than before. Surrogacy is a great solution. I can tell this from my experience. Well, I know it is very costly in many countries. You should research clinics in Europe as they offer very reasonable rates. In fact, they are so good that I am even considering surrogacy a second time to get a baby boy this time. It is also safer to contact a lawyer beforehand.

You may also like...