ICUsteps
3,145 members908 posts

Swine Bird Sepsis Pnumonia ARDS Mumps

Swine Bird Sepsis Pnumonia ARDS Mumps

The next 2 weeks marks a very odd & weird anniversary it was a dark time I was scared and not looking after my own health as I should have been, I put the need for money & work before my own life & family. I was very ill and after moving around some eventually got admitted into a hospital where I was then pricked, struggling, scanned and eventually forced into a chemically induced coma reliant on machines to take over my breathing I had pipes in every hole, 4x liquid antibiotics & fed n watered by pumps, dozens of sensors everywhere when I came around weeks later but in a critical care bed with very caring 1 to 1 nursing in isolation away from other people, Visitors were in coveralls, masks & gloves and was told I was a miracle to have survived as was only given at most a 5% survival rate. Let it be a reminder that money isn't everything and life is so fragile & precious, I shudder when i realize what i might have lost and left a family without me. NHS done an amazing job and i am pleased to say 1 year on i am very well and healthier but never wealthier.

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done! what a terrible time you had. Hope you (and all of us here) continue to look after ourselves properly.

2 likes

Thankyou for sharing x

1 like

I am also a miracle. I had Bacteria all through my body. Was in a coma for 8 days. I do believe there are lessons to be learned and I don't sweat the small stuff anymore. Glad you are doing well.

1 like

Thankyou for your reply x

2 likes

You may also like...