Sticky Blood-Hughes Syndrome Support
8,094 members8,330 posts

Pain reliefe with APS - use of Pill meds non-effective - in acute pain.Level 8-10 pain level

Does anyone know or ever had an issues with pain managment, with IV meds being the only way to get pain down to a managment level. If so - is there any documentation that I can get to show doctors here in Canada that pill meds are non-effective with people with APS. Would be nice to have Dr. Hughes name on it too, if possible.

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi there, so sorry you are having such a dreadful time. First off, here is a useful contact for your doctors in Canada: crhdq.ulaval.ca/recherche/c...

I think this would be a starting point: Hope this is of help. Mary F x

thanks - what I was looking for was something that was from Dr. Hughes, or one of his team to see if there was or has been any research in this?

the link does not work

Oh dear sorry about that, I had a look hoping to find somethin = ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/225... but I shall send you this, and this one = med.illinois.edu/hematology... down the page you will see a Canadian contact: apsaction.org/ - this may prove more useful in terms of getting some hope. Mary F x

You may also like...