Brain Injury Check List Pt 2

Hi

Just been computing the scores i got using the Check list @ headinjury.com/checktbi.htm

I awarded myself

52% for Intellectual impairment

84% for Psychological Consequences

69% for Mood Swings

69% for Physiological Impairments

64% for Personality Alteration

37% for Neurological Problems I scored myself 61% overall

I am taking the chart along with some Headway documentation with me to the Doctors on Monday but does any one know what these scores mean

Last edited by

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • GOOD IDEA I MUST TRY THAT. I'VE DONE IT AS NUMBERS BUT NOT %. HOPE MY MATHS IS OK.

I THINK I'M BEING REALLY DIM BUT ARE HIGH NUMBERS BAD? IS IT MEASURING LEVELS OF DEFIENCIES OR LEVELS OF BEING OK. EG IS 64% 64% OK OR 64% DEFICIENT IF YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN (PROBABLY NOT I CAN'T GET MY THOUGHTS IN ORDER PROPERLY TODAY) ?

• I think it means that the higher the score the more problems you have

• OH DEAR. I WAS HOPING IT WAS THE OTHER WAY ROUND.

• So did I - j wish I had not done it but hey it is something to talk to GP abouton Monday morning

I redid test to how I can remember 40 yrs ago and I scored a lot more then

• I DID MY NUMBERS .IT WAS 50% FOR YESTERDAY & 58% FOR TODAY. I TRIED IT TWICE JUST TO SEE HOW IT DIFFERED. IF I REMEMBER I'LL DO IT TOMORROW, I THINK 3 TIMES WILL GIVE ME A GOOD IDEA.

NEUROLOGICAL WAS 80% AS WAS INTELLECTUAL WHICH I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT BUT C'EST LA VIE.

• Hey but at least we have some idea of how our brain is working which must help our health care workers help us

• Not unsurprisingly, I have low scores either single digits % or less bar intellectual impairment, where my memory which was a pre existing problem. In terms of brain, well I still get tired more often, and to the point of exhaustion, so all my tricks to cope/cover stop working so effectively, if at all at times!

• That Brilliant I hope after the rehab I am getting at last will improve my scores

You may also like...