As people may have read on my previous blog my beautiful daughter was born with group b strep, she was treated for 7 days with antibiotics, finally given the all clear we were discharged to go home feeling completely out of the woods i decided to join this website to share my daughters story with other family's who have suffered the affects of group B strep and to find out more information on this, i did this when she was 3 weeks old, 4 weeks after posting on this blog my daughter became very ill again 7 weeks old and having already had GBS and reading the small percentages of babies getting it again i thought there was no way on earth she could have it, she became so ill so quickly she was refusing her feeds in the morning which made me concerned n then i felt her early afternoon and she had a tempreture and wasnt stirring for her next due bottol and became very floppy when i done her tempreture it was 38.1 so i immediatly rushed her to my local accident and emergency and didnt even wait to be called through i just walked in at first they refused to see my daughter and wasnt happy i just walked through but thankfully one nurse listened to me and went against her collegues and put me and olivia in a cubical checked her temp and it was 39 n put her on the monitor to check her pulse it was beating 100 beats too fast, they called the piediatrition who came immiediatly and took bloods put a canular in her hand and admitted her she was given 3 lots of antibiotics and fluids, i still was unaware what they were testing for everything was rushed around olivia the doctors n nurse were amazing that first night that agreed to see her and treated her, olivia was admitted although there was no hospital beds so they tryed to transfer us to another hospital which they found out they couldnt there was no beds in the whole of south east london, so we had to stay in this a&e cubical, at about 10.30pm a bed became avaliable at the hospital thank god and olivia was taken round to the childrens ward n the doctor discharged her the next day as he thought she 'seemed well enough to go home' and they were going to call me the next morning with her bloods and if she needed furthur antibiotics they would tell me then, that night i took her home, the next morning i had the phone call from the doctor asking me to bring her back to the hospital she had tested positive for the group b infection again! my heart sank i could not believe this was happening again, i rushed her straight back up to the hospital where she had another canular put back in her hand and was treated for 10 days this time! she is now home again thankfully i just want this nightmare to end i am constantly on edge worrying she will get it again! my poor baby has had the world chuck so much at her since the very moment she was born! hoping and praying this is the end of group b strep in my daughters life!
Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.