Ruth

Ruth

I was diagnosed with Squamous non small cell carcinoma, lung cancer, stage 3B, in September 2015.  I have had to rounds of chemotherapy and 33 radiation treatments which all ended 2/5/16.  My tumor measured 7.7 cm in September and in February, measured 4.8. I am scheduled for my next cat scan on May 25th.  

My coping mechanisms start with a very strong faith in an Almighty God.  I've asked that His Will be done concerning this disease and I know whatever the outcome, it will be best.  I also have an outstanding family. My husband has cared for me and driven me back and forth every day Monday thru Friday, 2 hours each way, for treatment.   The treatments were from 12/14/15 to 2/5/16.  I also have four daughters with very loving supportive husbands, and four grandson and four granddaughters. In addition. I have four sisters, a brother and my 87 year old mother.  The list continues but I'm sure you get my point.

If you don't have a large family, get involved with a bible believing church and you will find the earthly and heavenly support you need.

God bless you all in your journey.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • The Lord be with you and your family. Cancer is not devastating only to the one diagnosed, it is a group fight, don't even try to go it alone. 

• Our doctors and nurses are the "agents", but only God can heal!  Bless you and your journey.

• Thank you for sharing your story Ruth! It sounds like you have a great support system and if you're looking for more lung cancer information or if your family wants to learn more, you can check out patientpower.info/lung-cancer Take care!

• How did your scan turn out?

• I went to Johns Hopkins on May 25th and had blood work, CT SCANS with and without contrast and met with my radiologist. She said the tumor appears to have shrunk a little more and at the present time seems to be in remission. I get my test results online and the tumor did shrink a little. My pulmonary function test was unchanged.

I give God the praise for answering the prayers of many who have and still are praying for me. God is good.

• Yes amen I have great earth doctors but most of all I have God the bestie doctor in I give all my praise to God we just have to take it one day at a time praying for everyone 🙏

You may also like...