FND Action

New

Hello I was diagnosed with fnd in june 2017, ive never heard of it before and don't know anyone who has it. My friendsand family don't understand and unfortunately a lot of themno longer speak to me because of my diagnosis. I'm really struggling to come to terms with it as one day I feel I'm getting better then the falling day I'm unable to move or fall over more. It would be nice to have someone else that understands what is happening to me.

2 Replies
oldestnewest

The unpredictability is the hardest. It’s a rollercoaster of emotion and never a dull ride. Most days you just want to get off x

Hello Kity85;

I was diagnosed with FND in August last year shortly after spinal surgery on my L4 L5 disc area, it started off with a problem in my left leg then left arm/hand followed by a tremor. So went to see a neurologist who diagnosed me with FND and his words to me were you should make a good recovery over time. Since then it now affects all 4 limbs some morning I wake up and it takes me about 20 mins to get them to move by which time I’m completely knackered. Condition is getting worse and talking to other suffers they all say they don’t know anyone who has recovered from it.

I had my memory tested and I failed all questions regarding my short term memory.