Advice on ill health retirement - Fibromyalgia Acti...

Fibromyalgia Action UK
48,286 members59,904 posts

Advice on ill health retirement


Hi i am new i have had fibo 6 years and have ostoarthrits lost my job where I was a nurse for 2oyears i was out for ill health retirement which was refused has anyone got ideas how to write a complaint letter and fight for my pension how can i look after someone when can not look after myself.

10 Replies

Hi,i also work for the nhs,been off since December.Was told at oc health meeting in April wouldn't get ill health retirement.Surely if you've paid in for ex amount of year's your entitled to it automatically?? Sorry no help,but I'm confused to.

Perity in reply to Suegault

Och are not the person to tell you that my och was so rude showed no compassion it was her fault it was refused she did not complete form without evidence that i provided her and I only saw her twice how does she now how i am doing these people have no ideas about fibo

Bertiedette in reply to Suegault

This is so sad and very wrong. After all those years of caring for others.

I would not have a clue how to advise..Is an appeal allowed.?

Good luck to you both.. you deserve some help.xxxx

Thank you.

Look on line for the NHS pension phone number, my husband got his pension from age 56, it may have changed but if you paid in you must be entitled to it in my opinion, all best wishes xx

My heart goes out to you. I pray that everything is going to smooth out for you. It's so hard when life changes from fibro hit the industrial fan... It's hard enough that our health is a hindrance, but then the lack of help. Wishing you the best xx xx😊😇😃

Try ACAS for advice

Hi Perity and welcome!

May I ask if you are a member of one of the Unions? If so then I would definitely ask them for help. If not, then perhaps you could contact your local Citizen's advice Bureau for advice? Also if occupational health are not very compassionate, could you ask your GP or Consultant (or whoever diagnosed you ) to provide appropriate written evidence that you are no longer medically fit enough to carry out your work duties.

Also the charity have helpline s that may be able to offer advice.... benefits helpline 0300 999 0055 or the national helpline 0300 999 3333, it is so easy to give up fighting for something you are entitled to, when you are so tired and in pain, but I wish you the strength to continue your battle, take care xxx

Hi Perity

I sincerely hope that you are feeling as well as you possibly can be today? Welcome to the forum and it is wonderful to make your acquaintance. I have pasted you a link below to Brian Barr who are a specialist Fibromyalgia solicitors:

I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck and please take care of yourself my friend.

All my hopes and dreams for you


Hi Perity

I would like to say a very warm welcome to our forum. You will meet lots of lovely people hear to help you through your good and not so good times. Sorry I can not help with your question but Ken is very good with lots of information and he will steer you on the right road. Take good care Hun and I hope that you get it all sorted out. 🤗🤗🌺🌸🌹xxx

You may also like...