Fertility Network UK
17,258 members โ€ข 27,696 posts

OTD - Best Father's Day Present!!!

Hello lovely ladies,

Test day finally arrived and despite feeling pretty pessimistic for probably the whole second week we actually got a BFP!!!! First time I've ever seen the elusive two lines and I can honestly say I began to believe I never would. I cried tears of happiness which I don't think I've ever done before either. It's a day of firsts! We're very aware of all the recent sad stories and that this is only the first step of many more but for now I'm happy to know we are one hurdle further forwards than we've ever been before and my hope is rekindled for now. Thanks for all your support up to now xxxx

33 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Congratulations xxx

1 like

Lovely news babe, congratulations. Don't worry about the next stage, just enjoy this one for now xx

1 like

Aww wonderful news cx

1 like

Oh that is a fathers day and a half!! Huge congratulations!!xx

1 like

Massive congratulations xxx

1 like

Fantastic news! Best Father's Day present ever xx

1 like

Lovely news and brilliant timing! Wishing you all the best for the next 9 months xx

1 like

Wow congratulations xx

1 like

Lovely news on a special and what can be difficult day. x

1 like

Congratulations xx

1 like

Yay so happy for you! xx

congratulations! Brilliant news xx

Congratulations ๐ŸŽŠ fab news xxx

Congratulations! That's great news - fingers crossed for you xx

Congratulations lovely news xx

1 like

Fantastic news... Many congratulations... Take care xx

1 like

I am so very happy for you...nothing can beat that feeling!! Congratulations and heartfelt wishes for a safe and sane 9 months xxx ๐Ÿ˜˜

1 like

Thanks CountryCat. Keeping everything crossed. It's going to be a long 4-5 weeks til scan but finally had the good news I was so desperate for x

1 like

Congratulations xxx

1 like

A massive congratulations xx

1 like

Lovely news! Congratulations xx

1 like

Congratulations! Happy Father's Day to the dad of one of the youngest babies ever !! ๐Ÿ™‚

1 like

So happy for you ๐Ÿ˜€

1 like

lovely news ๐Ÿ˜

1 like

Congratulations! We are going to be starting out 4th cycle of ICSI, and have had no frozen embryos so am reassured that you were in the same boat but now have a BFP. We haven't used menpur so maybe that'll be something to try this time. Xx

1 like

Good Luck. Yes disappointed to have no frozen but here's hoping we won't need them!

I was intrigued by the Menopur. After two failed rounds I was told that my consultant had put me down for it (although he didn't actually discuss that with us!) having made lots of enquiries because I was anxious about changing anything it sounded like they though the stats were better with Menopur which sort of left me wondering why they even bothered to try gonal-f first. Apparently Menopur is cheaper too!!!

Such beautiful news on such a special day. Huge CONGRATS.. XXX

1 like

Congratulations!!! Wonderful news! Xx

1 like

Congratulations - Fathers day is always a day that I dread, along with mothers day for obvious reasons but having news like yours makes you realise that it could happen!!

Never give up!

Enjoy this next stage of your journey! xx

1 like

That's wonderful, congratulations! xx

Hi Rosalietea. Wonderful news! Wishing you well for an uneventful pregnancy and birth. Well done! Diane

1 like

Thanks Diane and thank you for all your support!

xxx

You may also like...