Hi, I know I should be really happy that we had two good quality embryos transferred at day 3 on Friday, but we were told it was unlikely that they would freeze the other two even though they were also quite good. The doctor said they would leave them over the weekend and make a decision this morning about whether to freeze or discard them.
I called the lab this morning and the embryologist said they were doing to discard them. I'm a bit confused as to why they couldn't have just frozen them on Friday of they were good quality then? She seemed really blase and said this was normal, but I feel it is denying us more chances. We get one more go on the NHS if this doesn't work, but I can't help thinking if they had given me more stimulation ( I was on a low dose for my AMH) we might have got more quality embryos to work with. We got 5 eggs and 4 of these fertilised which is great, but just confused as to why they can't freeze the other two. Is it because mine would have reached blastocyst stage on Sunday and the doctors don't work on Sunday in this service?