4 year old will not potty train: Hi there. I was... - ERIC

ERIC
4,556 members1,891 posts

4 year old will not potty train

Kirstykakes
Kirstykakes

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone has any advice. I am at my wits end. My almost 4 year old was fully potty trained in pants in January this year. This was to a schedule ie toilet routine. He is autistic and I understand this is the best way. He then went through an aggressive phase at nursery and had afew aaccidents. They asked if he could wear pull ups again which I totally regret agreeing too. He now will use the potty and and toilet but goes in his pull ups too. If I put him inpants he pees as much as he can squeeze out into the pants and holds it in on the toilet. No matter how close together I take him. I have an autistic friendly reward sheet. A special step for the toilet which he likes and a asd visual guide and his picture beside the toilet. I have tried everything. I just don"t know what else to do.

1 Reply
oldestnewest

I'm sorry I can't really offer any help but wanted you to know you aren't alone. My 4yo is nowhere near dry so I reluctantly put him back in nappies recently. It's a step back but a lot less stressful than constant wet clothes.

You may also like...