Double dose of Keppra

Hi there

has anybody ever taken their medication twice in the morning by mistake? I think I may have done this yesterday. I had 3 very strong auras which I haven't had for some time. I was also very tired and had been overdoing it, not getting enough sleep and working too hard etc.

This is the first set back I have had for about 4 years so wanted to see if anybody else had had a similar experience.

Thanks

James

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Easy enough done, I find I have a case which has a separate section labeled for each day, 4 tablets a day helps me not doing it. Also stress and lack of sleep is usually at the root of setting my seizures off. I used to take a medication, which a friend nicknamed the 40 minute pill, where he would ask me a question and about 40 minutes later I would give him the answer, actually one of my local hospitals heard this tale and even they call it "the 40 minute pill" that was many years ago, it was either tegratol or keppra which made me feel very tired and lethargic? Everybody to their own medication and usually a different reaction from them?

all the best

Adlon

• Thanks Adlon much appreciated

I guess it is probably due to me overdoing it but I would be interested to hear what effects people have experienced when they have mistakenly taken their medication twice.

cheers

James

• I have done it myself, I felt very uncoordinated, and shaky, I had to lie down for a while, almost like a type of aura, I guess my system was not used to doing it? Stress and lack of sleep caused me forget I had already taken my medication, now fully retired I have less stress and more sleep.

• I've done it before! A long time ago! That's why I now always use a pill box! When I double dosed myself - then as said above - very doped and all you can do is go and rest; lie down and flake out! And get in touch with the doc for advice! Different with every medication! And don't worry! Remember - you can take the drug late - but you can't take it out of your system! Have a good weekend!

• Yep. In the past I've taken 1000 Keppra and 200 Lamactel twice in a morning by accident. Also done the same in the evening on a couple of occasions. Not ideal! I just felt very tired but that was it!

You may also like...