Week 2, R2 ankle injury!!

Hi all. I have recently started c25k and got through week 1 ok although I did feel like I was going to die whilst actually doing it. So set off on W2,R1 and that was hard but I got through it. That night aside from my aching legs my right ankle started to hurt. It kept me awake that night & I've been taking it easy. I decided to have a 2 day rest period before I did W2,R2. So I set off tonight & only managed to do 3 of the 5 runs because my ankle hurt & then because I was running funny my leg started to hurt. So I stopped running & walked/limped home. I now have it soaking in cold water & I'm fed up.

I know it is probably because I have cheap trainers and I am planning on having a running gait analysis & will get the right trainers. In the meantime how long should I rest my ankle for & when I start again should I go back to week 1?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi, sorry can't give advice on your injury but just wanted to say good luck. I like phoning the NHS Direct for advice on such things.

• I had an ankle injury 3 weeks ago and still cannot run yet.

Its not painful to touch, not swollen, but when I try to jog on the spot the pain is really bad.

Hope you get better quickly, only advice I can give is rest and anti-inflammatory meds.

You may also like...