Picking up speed

Having returned to the beginning of the programme to try and change my speed, I want to report that it is working for me. At my previous speed I was never going to make 5K in under an hour. In fact I was running so slowly, that my own walking speed was faster.

I'm back at week 4, and felt a whoop of delight when "Nigel" (thats the male voice that tells me my distance and speed) informed me that I had covered a mile in bang on 16 minutes. I've taken 3 minutes of my previous speed.

Today I didn't even panic when I realised that the second 5 minute run would be on the climb of the undulating route I take.

Walking pace now slightly slower, but really only because I'm chasing pokemon.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I done exactly the same thing, restarted the programme at a faster speed, it worked for me too! keep up the good work!

• I do this periodically too, the last time was after an injury when I didn't want to push too hard. That's the great thing about this programme it just keeps on helping! Congrats on your PB xx

You may also like...