How long to recover?

Last Tuesday I went over on my ankle while doing a warm up for my race for life. I managed to run 1.5k before it went again and had to walk. When I got to the sign saying 500 meters to go I decided to run; managed about 8m and fell over. The next day I got up and proceeded to throw up and faint with the pain (I don't do things by halves). Anyway it's still quite swollen and a bit painful but I can walk on it fine. Obviously I haven't been for a run since but I'm wondering how long I should leave it before I run again. I'm desperate to get back into the routine and I've already decided to go back to week 3 and finish the programme again as the last time was a bit to sporadic and so I don't class myself as a graduate yet. I've still got a tubular bandage on and you can't see my ankle bone. Any advice? Xx

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes. See a doctor!

You've probably sprained it but it could be a fracture. Definitely DO NOT run until the swelling has gone down and preferably after you've had a proper diagnosis and advice.

• Seconded. You need medical attention. Good luck :)

You may also like...