Found w6r1 tough today, was it the Beers?

Well I've done w6r1, but found doing 18mins with walking breaks harder today than doing 20 mins run did on Thursday.

Felt a distinct lack of energy/enthusiasm in the 1st run, although it did feel tougher I was able to muster some energy to up the pace 30 secs from the end of the last run, spurred on by my friend.

But just remembered! I drank 2 pints of Boddingtons last night? And not enough water after the beers & before the run this morning had a cup of tea and only a half a pint of water before I ran.. My fault! It's not enough!

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Possibly but not necessarily.

Week 6 in generally considered to be amongst the toughest in the program. I know that seems counter-intuitive given that today's run is easier on paper than W5R3 but lots of people experience what you did.

Don't fret too much, just put a tick in the box and look forward to the next one.

• Hi davelinks, don't feel bad about the beer (words I never thought I'd say) as I also struggled with this run and no alcohol passed my lips in the week prior to doing so. I think Dunder's right, psychologically it's harder than a straight 20 mins. Am trying it again tonight. Fingers crossed!

• I was also thinking it may be physcological, have had a touch of depression diagnosed in the past, so some mornings can be difficult. Am trying to break this barrier..

• Me too. It's not easy, especially when you're battling your mind as well as your body. But keep going through the bad runs. I just did W6R1 again and it was much better. Thinking about it, we're only running for 2 mins less but are on our feet for 4 mins more. No wonder it's tougher! Let us know how you get on.

You may also like...