The Oatmeal - Why I Love Running

Some of you may have heard of Matthew Inman (or as he is known, the Oatmeal) - he is an American Comic writer and regularly posts on his site, theoatmeal.com.

Some of his stuff may not be to your taste (the odd swear word etc) but his recent comic is about why he runs, and I think it's a great read. It certainly had me laughing along. So i thought I'd share it with more runners!

theoatmeal.com/comics/running

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thanks mrqwest -- in the real world I'm a humour scholar so I'm interested in seeing what he writes. Thanks for sharing.

• I think it'll ring true with many of us in this community!! Genius!

• Just looked him up -- super stuff. Like all true humour, amazingly serious. Brilliant. thanks again.

• Eek! That's freaky! At lunch today hubbie sent me the same link , and although he is on here occasionally, he follows the oatmeal thing anyway and hadn't seen your post! And yes, very funny!

• The description of stomach crunches made me laugh out loud. :)

Very good. Funnily enough, I was directed to a link to The Oatmeal yesterday - but I ended up reading stuff about bears instead and never found this running bit. The bears were good too.

• It's great. I think my son will love that too, thanks for sharing the link!

• Why was the link in the original post not clickable and the one above clickable.

Previously http:// was not clickable www. was now I am not so sure

• Fantastic! Want a blerch t-shirt!

You may also like...