COPD Friends

Want to stop

I am 39 male, have been smoking for 22 yrs and everyone around me that has quit looks like they are enjoying life, but im not, i have a bad back, i feel like smoking is taking its toll on my body and my life, i need to take baby steps and help along the way, i told my kids that this year was the last year im smoking and i mean it, i just need reassurance i can just stop..

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Smoking will be a death sentence especially if you have lung disease. Try whatever you can to quit, it will be great for your kids too. I smoked since I was sixteen and quit about 5 years ago but not before having a slice of my lung removed and almost dieing I am doing so much better now. I am 63 now and didn't think I would make it. I am now trying to get my kids to quit two have 3 more to go. Good luck to you.

2 likes

Hi there is a very good stopping smoking site on here called 'Quit'. Why not join them. They are very supportive and will encourage and help you all the way. x

1 like

Hi BP499279.. Quitting cigarettes is one of the hardest things, if not the hardest thing I've ever done. However, it was the best thing I've ever done. Personally, I used the e-cig to come down slowly in nicotine so as not to shock my body to much nor have withdrawals that weren't so bad. You can do it!!!

1 like

Congrats on making the decision to quit, that is over half the battle. My friend used Chantix which is prescription to help him quit. Talk with your doctor I know he will be glad to help you out.

Lorbic

I stopped smoking for 3 years, started again when my Son sudenly died. Stopped 3 years again this time started again after another family shock. But only smoked for a month and got a vapour e cig. Im down to zero nicotine but im finding it harder to stop vapour e cig. Mostley because you can vape indoors even in bed its only vapour and i do enjoy it. Im only hopeing it dosnt make lungs any worse.

Hope you all had a great xmas and all the best for new year 2018. You never know you may all have a good knees up. X😁

You may also like...