Cholesterol Support
7,664 members2,179 posts

Eat These 3 Foods Daily to Lower Cholesterol

Eat These 3 Foods Daily to Lower Cholesterol

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”

― Hippocrates

People are obsessed with trying to find short-cuts to lowering cholesterol including the use of various pharmaceuticals. However, what the Ancient Greeks told us 2,500 years ago is that our medicine is right in the foods that we eat.

Watch this 4-minute video to learn about 3 foods we can eat daily to help us reduce cholesterol, detoxify the liver and improve our health in general:

Here's how you can combine them into a salad:

italianfoodforever.com/2015...

Note: replace the Granny Smith apple with a red apple in the recipe.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Please also watch this....

google.com/amp/s/mylespower...

Thanks for the info Paul.

We can classify this one under 'don't shoot the messenger' - beets, apples and carrots are all high in fiber and we know that fiber lowers cholesterol. The percentage of decrease in cholesterol may be unknown by eating these 3 foods - but we know they will certainly provide some level of LDL cholesterol reduction and/or other cardio-protective benefits.

Here are references to the benefits of these 3 foods:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/145... - carrots

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl... - beet root

sciencedaily.com/releases/2... - apple-a-day

We also know that eating a whole-foods, plant-based diet that includes vegetables and certain fruits will promote a healthy body weight and general well-being.

1 like

I did hesitate before posting as I like what you post and admire your success. I just posted the link as the name rang a bell...

No problem Paul. Skepticism is a healthy part of learning and debate. Here's another interesting 3-minute video on the health benefit of beet root:

Who is the guy in the Vid?

I don't know who he is. The health merits of beets have been established by medical studies. It is high in fiber and provides other important nutrients.

1 like

I'm in..I made the salad last night - it was delicious...:)

Well done, good for you!!

To enhance nitric oxide production in your endothelium to induce vasodilation (relaxation and expansion of arteries' lining), it is important to have one of these 4 foods daily:

- spinach

- arugula

- kale

- broccoli

These are also high in folic acid which is important for reducing the risk of blood clots. Half of all heart attacks and strokes occur to people who have normal to optimal cholesterol levels.

1 like

Yes you are right to mention Folic Acid as I read a study reported a few months ago that stated the only supplement worth taking was Folic Acid and it had benefits for cardio health.

Folic acid (B9) works best when combined with the other major B vitamins, B6 and B12.

You may also like...