Dry Skin

Ok so most of you know I am pre TX. Over the past month I have been suffering with severely dry skin. To the point my skin is sore....I am lavishing it with cream Aqueous cream, specific for badly dry skin at least twice a day....I've always been particular about cream as I don't want to end up old with rhino skin! Lol....

Do any of you have any tips? I don't use washes or cream with alcohol in them. My washing powder has not been changed. Is this just part and parcel of liver disease?

I hope your all well....

Chelle 🙂

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Aveeno creams and washes are good. Was prescribed it when my baby had eczema, you can buy it from Lloyds and boots. ☺

• Thanks Stacie. I've just got a few free samples in the post....I'll give them a try thank you xx

• Bodycare also do Aveeno moisturiser cheaper than elsewhere. I find Cetraben very very good and you get more for your money. You can also get this on prescription. Goodl Luck to you xx

• I agree Aveeno is fantastic and keeps my psoriasis at bay. I think it's the wheatgerm oil as my son reacts to it and he is allergic to wheat. So please take that into account if it affects you.

Hope it stops for you hun

Rita x

• Hi I use eperdarm but one day it ran out so I tried plain old coconut oil just rub it In my palms soften it up a bit first sometimes mix a drop of eucalyptus essential oil in also great for your hair, hope this helps x

• I here so much about coconut oil but just use it for cooking! I shall put it on my shopping list! Thank you!!

• No worries ☺ worth a try,so is coconut oil. I hope you get some relief. X

• Consultant recommended aveeno same as stacie said it's fantastic and I have psoriasis as well they do a body wash as well as a cream also great for itching

• Haribo. It's the answer to almost everything

• Hi Charlie I would recent

Baby Bottom cream

it's coconut oil and it's amazing Easier to use than straight coconut oil for cooking purposes

you can buy in in Waitrose if you have one near by

not that expensive either

I had a transplant 22 months ago.I hope you don't have to wait too long for yours

beture47

• sorry Chelle didn't notice my predictive key board had missspelt your name

• Hi Chelle,

Years ago, I developed extremely itchy, dry skin. I tried everything. Nothing helped. I went to my doctor and he did a blood test for my thyroid. It came back double what it should have been. I was started on Levothyroxine. The itching and dryness went away within 5 days.

• Hi Chelle

Simple E45 cream is pretty effective & has nothing nasty in it

Good luck

• Hi chelle there's a cream called child's farm which is so moisturising it was made by a lady who's baby had eczema. I have bought it for my 27 years old son and his eczema is clearing up a treat. Hope this helps.

• Hi Chelle

My Dr prescribed fexofenadine tablets 180 mg and this is great. Hope you get sorted soon, you have enough to deal with without having itching as well . Please take care. Lots of love Lynne xxxx

You may also like...