Awaiting diagnosis

Hi. I am very new to this. Recently diagnosed with EDS -HT which also causes fatigue but through blood tests have been told positive for SMA and poly clonal rise in IgG with raised LFT's, which have been raised for a while now although not excessively (maximum ALT being 61 more recently 47). The remainder of other LFT's were satisfactory and viral hep screen was ok. I have been referred to hepatology in connection with autoimmune associated with liver but am shocked at 16 week wait for appointment. Is this normal time? I am really worried about pending diagnosis and any lack of treatment in the meantime

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I waited 3 months i am in the United States, I guess there is a shortage of liver doctors, you can ask your primary doctor if they can help you get in sooner? Let us know how you are getting along....

• Thank you for pelting. I will. I hope you received a good outcome at your consult. It is worrying. I hate playing the waiting game.

• Yes it is hard to wait I worried too try to think positive and stay busy it is the fear of the unknown that makes it so hard have a good day there....

You may also like...