Bridge to 10K
6,829 members7,639 posts

Reputation growing

I really don't like blowing my own trumpet (not in real life anyway!) but after a year and a half of running some of my colleagues are slowly becoming aware that I am a runner. The last HM seems to have made a huge impression. At lunch last week one guy started talking about running and how he was doing between 15 -30k a week at the moment. Someone turned to me and asked specifically "how much do you run a week, JC?". I mumbled something about averaging 25k and she then proceeded to tell everyone I ran a half marathon distance a couple of weeks ago. All were suitably well-impressed. Then on Friday I met up with a group of retired colleagues and was greeted with "I hear you ran a marathon!".

I reckon in a couple of months they'll have me doing ultras across the Sahara.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Don’t fight it Jay! 😁 A half marathon is a serious accomplishment that seems far away in my world! Worthy of BIG respect ✊

2 likes

Always nice to get some recognition so enjoy it!! You have worked hard so why not be proud and share it.

2 likes

Congrats ! Keep blowing that trumpet! I am in awe of you and your great achievement. Hopefully one I'll get there.🤔🤔🎺🎺

Happy running!😀😀

2 likes

Ha , Jaysee a half marathon, a marathon...whats the difference? 😆😉

A worthy reputation in my book.. I think non-runners have no concept of what its like, or how far it is ,to actually run a HM let alone a Marathon....Not that I do either obviously 😊...

Take the accolade...you absolutely deserve it.

Amazing running, such a star.🌟xxx

1 like

Right now - a 5K for me IS a marathon!! :) - and also for most non-runners of all ages !! :) I mix with many people of my age and although there are some runners in their 70+ years at various parkruns who are much faster than me , I have now become aware and amazed at how 99.9% of my fellows who are not at parkrun are so inactive. I mean - can't and/or won't walk 1K !!!!

I'm also permanently surprised how reluctant people are to use their legs. It's frightening really!

1 like

You may also like...