Breast Cancer Haven
2,462 members1,349 posts

Surgery done

Today I had my lumpectomy with reduction . Lymph nodes were clear and I feel not too bad at all! Such a strange mix of emotions but each treatment is a step nearer to hopefully beating this. Had a look at the scars and was not horrified as I expected , my breast looks decidedly perkier where they have done the reduction and resited the nipple lol. Now the wait to see f margins are clear but I’m not going to worry about that at least for today ! Thank you for all the support and sharing from all you brave, inspirational ladies. Carolyn xx

14 Replies
oldestnewest

Sending best wishes for a good recovery, be kind to yourself over the next few days/weeks xxxx

Thank you x

Well Done 💐 it’s quite surprising how you feel the next day.

Take Care

MrsN x

Don't forget to get copies of all reports/tests etc. for yourself. In the future for reference & to give other doctors.

So glad you are feeling ok!

Thank you x

I hadn’t even thought of that so thank you x

well done, that's amazing ..I remember how i felt the next ....I felt silly for getting myself in such a state ...good news about clear lymph nodes ....now take care of yourself and relax ..I suspect its been a stressful time. Los of healing love Jane x

Thank you Jane it has indeed !! Carolyn x

Don't forget to do those exercises ...its crucial xxx

I was just looking at the leaflet , I will def do them. I’ll do anything they say to improve prognosis and quality of life. First time I’ve ever done as I’m told lol ! Carolyn x

Hugs to you. Its brilliant that this big step is now done. xx

Thank you, it’s something else to tick off. I feel like I’m getting somewhere ! Hope you are ok . Carolyn x

Don't ever question what you feel at any time .you are a individual and do your best to get through this horrible thing.be strong .huge hugs xx

You may also like...