British Pregnancy Advisory Service
3,365 members1,563 posts

Ovarian cyst or pregnancy?

I'm 20 and for the past 6/7 days, I've had pressure in my abdomen. It started off like an ache in both sides but it's mostly been on the right side. Sometimes, it eases off a bit throughout the day, especially if I keep busy and don't think about it.

The thing is I've never had anything like this before and it feels strange. I've been urinating a lot and I've been really hungry. I've also had quite a lot of cervical fluid so I'm not sure if this is an ovarian cyst, pregnancy, or something else?

I know that the one way to determine if it's an ovarian cyst is through an ultrasound but I'm not sure how long I'll have to wait. I can't take a pregnancy test yet as I have at least a week and a half until I'm expecting my period so I'm not sure how accurate the test would be. I'm getting really worried at this point and any thoughts would be appreciated.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

I feel exactly the same but not the hungry part. I have a Doctors appointment at 3:10 today so I'll let you know what they say. I'm over a week late for my period but have had a baby and don't feel pregnant and done 2 tests which have come back negative x

1 like

Please let me know how you get on. Hope all goes well x

1 like

I'm not pregnant but they said I looks like I have a UTI as my urine looks abnormal and have a fever. I'm on antibiotics and going back on Friday to see if it's cleared up. Go to see doctor/nurse Hun x

Ohh hope you feel better soon! Most likely I have a cyst but I'll definitely get it checked out. X

Thank you! I'm going back Friday if it hasn't cleared up then they will look into it x

Exactly the same thing has been happening to me for the past few weeks! In the first week, I felt really lightheaded and I wasn’t eating much was only on fluids! I had everything checked out like my urine etc everything was fine. Also, my stomach keeps twitching. I’m not pregnant either bc I’ve taken so many tests and I just got my period but the flow was so unusual. My discharge after my period is browny/red. I went to my doctor 2 weeks ago I have been referred for an ultrasound and to the digestion department.

I hope everything goes well for you.

You may also like...