Zoledronate : Does anyone know of a consultant... - Bone Health

Bone Health

3,882 members1,636 posts


KE-n profile image

Does anyone know of a consultant in uk that gives a lower dose of zoledronate acid. Was on the older drug pamidronate which give side affects ( ear problems, teeth,muscle,etc) consultant has stopped that drug and wants me on the newer drug, l am scared of the stronger drugs in case it gives me worse side affects

1 Reply

Does a lower dose of zoledronate exist? I haven't heard of it. Perhaps you could ask to try Ibandronate instead, which is available as a 3-monthly injection, so you're getting a lower dose at a time than through an annual infusion.

You may also like...